With cordite in the air, splintered steel, shell casings and powder burns, there’s only one explanation...
WQ3 pre B2.2 archive. Links may not work.

Postby Pardner » Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:39 pm

got one more; this time its bot trouble. they seem to get stuck in this bush. i cant remember if its a spawn point or not, but they get in and dont get out.

get well soon ReD (so you can get back to mappin' :D )
Pardner
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:33 pm

got one more; this time its bot trouble. they seem to get stuck in this bush. i cant remember if its a spawn point or not, but they get in and dont get out.

Howdy, Pardner. How's life in dialup land?

That is a spawn point, and I thought it was intentional that the bot doesn't leave. If it left, it would prob'ly just fall down the canyon. :lol:
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:33 am

Thanks Pardner. I get a little better each day but I'm healing much slower than I'd like. Still can't sit or stand for long. :(
Darn bots. Tweaking them will be the hardest thing to do on this map I think. Keep adding to the list fellas. Once I'm able, I'll refer to this post and try to fix as many of these problems as I can.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Tue Jun 13, 2006 4:02 am

I managed to resume working on the map tonight. I'll try to spend 20 or 30 minutes each day making adjustments. That's about all I can take before my injuries start throbbing. Anyway, at least I'm getting something done again. Maybe I can correct enough things in the next week that I can upload a new version. :)
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:42 am

hika wrote:Hmm ... I just try on my own machine, and I do not see any blinking tree.
(the screenshot is taken from my machine at work)
Perhaps, it is only triggered with some kind of graphic cards. :?

At home, I'm using an NVidia 6600 GT.
At work, I do not remember the exact model. I guess it is some kind of ATI Radeon shipped with my Dell workstation.

My work machine has an ATI 600 & I see the blinking tree but only from underneath looking upwards & relatively close to the tree. ATI doesn't like the shader it would seem. Not sure which driver's I'm using, I'll look.
My spare pc has an Nvidia Ti 4200 in it & no blinking there, btw.

I've made a way to get to the upper level from the tree by the overturned wagon. It involves some carefull footwork. I've removed the door in the floor at the tnt shack for now. Also relocated the spawn by the trestle that traps bots. Clipping in cabin is added but not in other areas. I am aware of more "sticking" points in the caves than has been reported here. These areas will require fancier brushwork or you'll appear to walk on air in places, so it'll take time. I'll try to add team spawns soon as well.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby L3th4l » Wed Jun 14, 2006 5:39 am

Im running 2 ATI Radeon x1900xt's and see no blinking. I'm using the latest drivers.
L3th4l
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:27 am

Ok, I fixed most of the problems & implemented most of the ideas presented in this thread. I am aware that there are still some places where you can't strafe. The "fps stutter" when bots respawn is still present though I will concentrate on fixing that next. I tried a few things to hopefully improve fps (except for bots), added spawnpoints for RTP and added many new details. Visually speaking, the map is 99% done. :D

Once the bot problems are sorted out, I'll begin implementing br mode.
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:00 pm

This is the best version by far. I think it is pretty much bug free now, but you tell me. The bot "fps stutter" problem has finally been corrected. Not much else to say. Except for possibly adding BR mode, this is a release candidate. 8O

(Not sure if I'll tackle implementing a moving mine cart or not.)
Last edited by ReD NeCKersoN on Fri Jan 19, 2007 11:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby DeUgli » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:27 am

Looks good, plays good, Red. I've only played against bots so far on my home computer, because the test server won't let me on, telling me I have to dl coyotebluff, which I have. Is that because the new version hasn't been set up on the test server, or some dumbness on my part? :?
DeUgli
Smokin' Amigo!

Postby hika » Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:25 pm

DeUgli wrote:Is that because the new version hasn't been set up on the test server, or some dumbness on my part? :?

I guess the wq_coyotebluff.pk3 is still not updated in "Test server", so that 's why it tells you to download it.
Till then, you can try the Wasteland - Testing.
(Ping can be a bit laggy from the U.S.A, however)
SG name: Manchot
SG fansite: http://western.bsdmon.com
userbar originally created by Caffeine
hika
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:15 pm

Yes, my test server still has an older version. So it's trying to give you this old version ;-) ... I will correct it later tonight. (I'm a bit slow sometimes ... ;-) ...)
In-game name: =SG= Django (yes, it's cliché :-) )
sig11
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:02 pm

Hika brought to my attention 3 more spots that could stand to be clipped. Other than that, I have yet to see any other bugs. There are still a few things I can do to clean the map up, technically speaking. So I'll just fart around with that untill we get any further bug reports. I'll also take a quick stab at a moving cart just to see how difficult it might end up being.
I've also given the trusted leader of the polish community the map in an effort to get some feedback on a possible br mode. They're the br experts afterall.
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:42 pm

and it's finally on my test server :roll: ....
sig11
SG Team

Postby sig11 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:05 am

And shortly after I played it, I noticed one thing (which I hate to tell you) ... the skeleton is a Q3A texture/model .... it doesn't show in the Standalone version as of now :-( ... (or rather it get's this holodeck look). Weren't there some free skeleton models on some Q3 related texture/model/skin sites ?
sig11
SG Team

Postby ReD NeCKersoN » Thu Jun 29, 2006 12:40 am

Yes and I tried those but had trouble so I went with the one in there now. Guess I'll have to try the others again. :?
ReD NeCKersoN
SG Team

PreviousNext

Return to WQ3 Beta 2.2 Testing

Show Sidebar
Show Sidebar

User Control Panel